Testosterone undecanoate is a great alternative for men who prefer testosterone pills over an injection. This treatment is often used by men who have low or no testosterone due to certain medical conditions such as hypogonadism..
- Healthy heart and blood
- Less fat, more muscle
- Stronger bones
- Better verbal memory, spatial abilities, or mathematical reasoning
- Better libido
- Improved mood
Testosterone pills belong to a class of drugs known as androgens. It helps the body to develop and maintain male sexual characteristics (masculinity), such as a deep voice and body hair.
It also helps to maintain muscle and prevent bone loss, and is needed for natural sexual ability/desire.
How to use Testosterone Undecanoate
Take this medication by mouth with food as directed by your doctor, usually twice daily. Some brands should not be chewed and should be swallowed whole for the best effect. Carefully follow your doctor’s directions for taking your brand of this medication.
The dosage is based on your medical condition, lab tests, and response to treatment.
Use this medication regularly in order to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, take it at the same times each day.
What Conditions does Testosterone Undecanoate Treat?
- deficient activity of testes or ovaries due to chemotherapy
- deficiency of gonadotropin releasing factor
- abnormal function and activity of the testis
- surgical removal of both testicles
- absence of testicles
- rare X chromosome abnormality – Klinefelter syndrome
- undescended testicle
- deficiency of a substance that promotes masculinization
- primary testicular failure due to torsion of both testes
- primary testicular failure due to inflammation of testis