One of the best documented effects of testosterone therapy is an increase in lean body mass, which is mostly attributed to gain in muscle mass. The increased lean body (muscle) mass seen during testosterone therapy is often accompanied by gains in muscle strength.
Testosterone cypionate is one of the most desirable options for restoring testosterone levels to a healthy range. In most cases, the side effects of testosterone cypionate are benign and manageable especially if the dose is within reason.
- Testosterone therapy with testosterone injections is more effective than testosterone gels for increasing lean body mass and muscle strength in middle-aged and older men, particularly in the legs.
- When testosterone injections and gels were collectively assessed, testosterone therapy was associated with significant increases in lean body mass, total body strength, leg strength, and arm strength.
- When testosterone treatment options were evaluated separately, gains in lean body mass and strength were 3-5 times greater for testosterone injections than for testosterone gels vs. placebos, for all outcomes evaluated.
- Treatment with testosterone injections was associated with 5.7% increase in lean body mass and 10-13% increase in total body strength, leg strength, and arm strength.
- Treatment with testosterone gel was associated with only 1.7% increase in lean body mass and 2-5% increase in total body and arm strength.
- Treatment with testosterone gel did not improve lower-body strength vs. placebo.
- Sub-analyses of studies including only older men 60 years of age or older showed similar results.
When used properly, males can expect testosterone cypionate to increase libido, promote better erectile function, boost vitality, enhance energy, support muscle growth and fat loss, and provide cognitive benefits. Quite simply, testosterone cypionate use as part of TRT regimen can help men feel happier, healthier, and more motivated, making them look better abnd feel better !
The primary use of testosterone cypionate injections is for helping restore testosterone levels to a healthy range.
Testosterone is a powerful hormone with both anabolic and androgenic actions in the body. Androgens are steroid hormones that promote masculine features, such as body/facial hair growth, deepening of the voice, increase in muscle size, etc.
Notably, the strength gains conferred by testosterone therapy are, at least partly, independent of exercise.9 Thus, testosterone therapy with testosterone injections significantly increases muscle strength in men with hypogonadism, including those who do not have the means or ability to exercise. Among men who do have the ability to exercise, testosterone therapy can increase motivation, sense of energy and vitality, and the “pick-up-and-go” mentality to follow an exercise program.
Research demonstrates the efficacy of testosterone cypionate for increasing protein synthesis, which in turn helps build muscle in conjunction with proper diet and exercise.
Testosterone cypionate is an anabolic androgenic steroid and it is certainly beneficial for supporting healthy muscle growth and fat loss. Therapeutic doses of testosterone can also provide the user many other benefots such as:
- Improved sex drive (libido)
- Heightened motivation and drive
- Enhanced focus and mental clarity
- Greater vitality and energy
- Increased body/facial hair growth
- Lean muscle gain
- Fat loss
Since testosterone is a vital hormone for overall health and wellness, males with low testosterone often experience a myriad of debilitating symptoms when their testosterone levels drop below the desired range. These symptoms may include:
- Lack of sex drive (low libido)
- Inability to concentrate (brain fog)
- Erectile dysfunction (impotence)
- Shrinking testes
- Muscular atrophy
- Increase in body fat
- Loss of body and pubic hair
- General fatigue
- Low red blood cell count (anemia)
- Feeling like you can’t get enough sleep
- Development of breast tissue (gynecomastia)
- Mood disorders