Insulin-like growth factor 1, or IGF-1 , is a hormone similar in molecular structure to insulin which plays an important role in childhood growth, and has anabolic effects in adults.
How can You Benefit from IGF-1?
As an anabolic peptide hormone that has the role of stimulating growth and to a lesser degree supporting maintenance of normal blood sugar levels and a healthy metabolism.
What Are The Benefits of IGF-1?
What does IGF-1 do to the body? Here are some of the positive things that it does for us:
- Helps build muscle mass and increase strength
- Helps prevent muscle wasting
- May enhance physical performance, support muscle recovery and help with healing from injuries
- Can help with regulation of levels of body fat
- Builds strength in response to strength-training
- Helps build bones and protect against bone loss
- Can help regulate blood sugar levels and decrease diabetes risk factors
- May help protect cognitive health and fight against neurological diseases or loss of brain cells by acting as a neurotrophic factor
- Supports vascular endothelial growth
- May help prevent skin thinning
- May help prevent hypoglycemia (low sugar levels)
- Can help support kidney function and blood filtration
- May affect genes in a way that promotes healthy aging (when in balance with other growth factors)