BPC-157, which stands for Body Protection Compound 157, is a peptide chain that consists of 15 amino acids. Since such a sequence doesn’t exist in nature, the compound is considered synthetic.
Since BPC-157 is derived from a protein in the stomach, it’s often used to help treat stomach and intestinal conditions including fistulas, ulcers, and inflammatory conditions such as arthritis.
BPC-157 has also been shown to help people with organ damage.
It’s also ideal for nagging injuries where the tissue needs to be rejuvenated. It appears to work by accelerating the rate of angiogenic repair.
Angiogenesis is a key dynamic process for wound healing as it allows the formation of new blood vessels from old ones and is involved in the organization of a microvascular network.
What Are The Benefits of BPC-157?
If you are looking for a way to accelerate the healing process or improve athletic performance, BPC-157 offers many benefits including:
- Accelerated wound healing (muscle, ligament, tendon, nerve)
- Has been shown to decrease pain in damaged areas
- Increases growth hormone receptors
- Promotes the outgrowth of tendon fibroblasts, cell survival under stress, and the migration of tendon fibroblasts
- Improves digestive function
- May improve NO2 production
- Protects and heals inflamed intestinal epithelium (leaky gut)
- It has also been shown to help with IBS (Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome)
- Protects the liver from toxic insults (alcohol, antibiotics, etc.) and promotes healing